Tuesday, September 20, 2011

EMail . . .

When dancing with the ancestors don't be afraid to email strangers. Seriously. I have emailed quite a few distant cousins when trying to confirm information. So far, they've all responded and been quite helpful.

I had one distant cousin send me all her information. Woo-hoo! Another send me a copy of their book on the Hagan branch of my maternal family, along with a bunch of additional information not included in the book.

Another cousin has been a big help in digging a bit deeper into my paternal grandmother's family. In fact, he found a census record for one of my great-half-aunts. Woo-hoo!

So, when you're dancing with the ancestors and you stumble across a site devoted to your ancestor, and you find an email address, give it a shot. You just never know what little tidbit of information your distant cousin might have.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment