Saturday, September 3, 2011

Middle versus First Name

I've spoken about stumbling blocks and perseverance when dancing with the ancestors. Well, today (well, technically yesterday, since I'm scheduling the post for today, and not yesterday when I actually wrote this post), when researching one of my ancestors I kept hitting dead (ha!, sorry, no pun intended) ends. Try as I might, nothing seemed to work until . . .

. . . I came across an archived copy of the last will and testament of Dennis Duvall (maternal line). Woo-hoo!

Silly me kept searching for James Dennis Duvall. Who knew that he, like me and many of my relatives, went by his middle name and not his first name. Woo-hoo!

So, lesson for today: if coming up with nada in your search results, try searching a different way, i.e., middle name instead of first and middle.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment